Cloud technology began as a backup storage option. But in recent years, it has evolved and grown to become an all-inclusive computing platform that has fundamentally transformed the way organizations use, store, and share information.
As we move into a new normal, it is clear that cloud computing is set to be a key enabler of the digital future. Amid a hybrid work revolution, businesses continue to move workloads and data to the cloud to enable employee productivity and collaboration on-the-go.
As the number of endpoint devices increases and the surface area for cyber breaches expands, the security posture of the cloud is something that organizations can’t afford to compromise. However, figures are sobering. In 2021, there has been a 50% rise in cyber attacks per week on corporate networks compared to 2020.
As enterprises scale up their use of the cloud, they also need to rethink how they protect their business-critical data and applications. In fact, a research found that almost all breaches in the cloud stem from misconfiguration, rather than from attacks that compromise the underlying cloud infrastructure. For organizations who need help with ensuring an intelligent, effective security stance for cloud, AWS Premier Consulting Partners such as Cloud Comrade can provide the support you need for your cloud journey and assist you in building a resilient, secure, and high-performing cloud infrastructure.
Leave your cloud security to us
In the rapidly changing security landscape of today, many businesses face challenges with regards to cloud security which can directly bring about business risks.
AWS’ industry-first Level 1 Managed Security Services are uniquely designed to help protect and monitor your essential AWS resources. They are delivered to you as a fully managed service available for purchase in AWS Marketplace in the Managed Security Service (MSSP) solution area, or directly from AWS Partners that provide Managed Security Services.
Cloud Comrade is one such AWS partner that can help you take care of ten specific 24/7 security service areas, each with technical and operational requirements defined by AWS security experts. These requirements were designed to help MSSPs to deliver protection, monitoring, and response services for essential AWS resources.
- AWS infrastructure vulnerability scanning: Routine scanning of AWS infrastructure resources for known software vulnerabilities.
- AWS resource inventory visibility: Continuous scanning and reporting of all AWS resources and their configuration details, updated automatically with newly added or removed resources.
- AWS security best practices monitoring: Detects when AWS accounts and the configuration of deployed resources do not align to security best practices.
- AWS compliance monitoring: Scanning AWS environments for compliance standards on two or more of the following: CIS AWS Foundations, PCI DSS, HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO 27001, MITRE ATT@CK, and SOC2.
- Monitor, triage security events: A combination of automated tooling and security experts continuously monitor aggregated AWS resource logs across network, host, and API layers to analyze and triage security events.
- 24/7 incident alerting and response: Notification of high priority security events and expert guidance on recommended remediation steps 24/7.
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation: A system backed by technology and security experts monitoring 24/7 for DDoS attacks against your AWS applications.
- Managed Intrusion Prevention System (IPS): From known and emerging network threats that seek to exploit known vulnerabilities.
- Managed Detection and Response (MDR) for AWS-based endpoints: A combination of technology and cloud security experts working to continuously detect, investigate, and remove threats from within AWS endpoints.
- Managed Web Application Firewall (WAF): A firewall managed service designed to protect web-facing applications and APIs against common exploits.
Skilled expertise in cloud security, without the complexity
To help customers secure their cloud without increasing complexity or adding unnecessary cost, Cloud Comrade provides AWS Managed Security Services through a combination of AWS-native and third-party security technology. Where possible, this allows customers to utilize familiar or previously purchased tools.
Together with AWS Solution Architects, Cloud Comrade helped ERGO Insurance conduct an exhaustive study on the requirements to implement the Document Management System (DMS) on AWS. The solution also included AWS Security best practice by combining secure network architecture and 3rd party tools such as Trend Micro Deep Security. Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) was used to securely deploy the DMS storage at a minimal cost. The Encryption in transit and at rest was achieved using Amazon Key Management Service (KSM) and Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) with Amazon Certificate Management (ACM).
Using DMS on AWS provided ERGO with agility and an advantage over its competitors – something that was not possible with its previous infrastructure. The new infrastructure reduced the costs while maintaining high performance, availability levels, and elasticity as the business grows.
Gain a peace of mind in the cloud
From business strategy to process design, and infrastructure management to training and support for your people, Cloud Comrade makes sure that your move to AWS cloud is swift, smooth, and secure. We help protect your AWS environment and provide you with 24/7 monitoring and remediation guidance, so that you can fully operationalize your cloud security to increase staff efficiency, and receive full security visibility across your AWS environment.
A key benefit of moving to AWS cloud is the ability to innovate and scale at speed – and we ensure that your cloud cybersecurity posture supports rather than hinders that.